Enterprise server and computing technologies were not designed for the rigorous demands of the carrier network.
Titanium Server solves that problem by providing an application-ready software platform that runs virtual functions with carrier grade reliability and is built to support the intensive performance, reliability, and security requirements of the world’s most demanding computing and communications networks.
- Flexibility: Scale your services up, down, in, and out—rapidly, deploying new services dynamically, when and where they are needed.
- Performance: Maximize the number of subscribers you support on each server, so you minimize your operating costs.
- Reliability: Keep your services up—always.
Find Out What's New in the Latest Release
With a focus on operational efficiency, the latest release of Titanium Server incorporates the feedback we’ve gathered from countless engagements with service providers and telecom equipment manufacturers.
Titanium Server is suited to a wide variety of network virtualization applications, including:
- Virtual customer premises equipment (CPE)
- Virtual radio access network (RAN)
- Virtual evolved packet core (EPC)
- Virtual broadband remote access server (BRAS)
- Virtual session border controller (SBC)
- Virtual content delivery network (CDN)
WIND RIVER TITANIUM SERVER CPE
A two-server configuration for Titanium Server, perfectly nimble for deployments in customer premises environments.
Titanium Server CPE brings all of the ultrareliability and high-performance features of Titanium Server to a two-server configuration, making it the perfect foundation for high-density applications, such as a virtual business CPE (vBCPE).
Peerless "Six Nines" Reliability
- Carrier grade availability and reliability throughout the software stack
- 99.9999% uptime guaranteed
- Less than 30 seconds of annual downtime
- Fast, secure virtual machine (VM) failover (50–100x faster than IT virtualization)
Better Price and Performance
- Radically improved performance over enterprise-grade networks
- Dramatically lowered costs due to increased capacity
- 40X better interrupt and time latency
- Live migration with less than 200 milliseconds
Open and Scalable
- Standards-based, open source, industry-standard Linux at the core
- Built from OpenStack with carrier grade plugins
- Open APIs for provisioning and management
- Enabling thousands of virtual machines
Rich Ecosystem of NFV Hardware, Management Software, and VNFs
- Validated on standard off-the-shelf servers from leading suppliers
- Validated with multiple existing virtual network functions (VNFs)
- Open and flexible environment to enable third-party software
Robust Network Intelligence
- Intelligence when and where you need it
- Built-in packet acceleration across VMs
- Flexible options for implementing deep packet inspection
- Efficient traffic shaping and management of VMs
Maximize the performance of your virtualized service by running it on Titanium Server's Accelerated vSwitch (AVS)
- Run unmodified with VirtIO: Your VNF with a standard VirtIO network driver runs unmodified on AVS—no changes required to your code.
- Leverage Accelerated Virtual Port (AVP): Improve your VNF's performance up to 9x by including the AVP Kernel Loadable Module (KLM)—no changes required to your code.
- AVS Poll Mode Driver (PMD) for additional acceleration: For DPDK-based VNFs, boost your performance up to 40x by linking in the AVS PMD, which typically takes 15 minutes or less.
Titanium Server is supported by the Titanium Cloud ecosystem of validated hardware and software products from industry partners.
Titanium Cloud is the Wind River ecosystem of partners that provides a rich set of interoperable products and technologies for building out NFV on your next-generation networks.
Titanium Server includes the critical run-time components and lifecycle development tools, services, and developer support needed to successfully build and deploy a virtualized network running multiple VMs.
- TL 9000 design methodology to guarantee six-nines reliability
- Full 10 G line rate accelerated virtual switching running unmodified guest applications
- 10 µs deterministic interrupt latency to support virtualization in the most stringent CPE and access sections of the network
- Accelerated live VM migration, including the “share nothing” model—40% faster than enterprise software
- Detection of failed controllers, hosts, or VMs 60x faster than enterprise Linux; automatic recovery, with no single point of failure
- Fully integrated telecom-grade security, including complete AAA access control
- Involvement in trials with the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) and other standards bodies